Youth and Teen Drug Abuse | Re-Creation Retreat
Please note that even though some of these warning signs of drug abuse may be present in your struggling teen, it does not mean that they are definitely abusing drugs. There are other causes for some of these behaviors in troubled teens. Even the life stage of struggling teens is a valid reason for many of them to exist. Many struggling teens don’t know how to overcome the problems that they are faced with and many troubled teens need to be placed in the correct environment in order to restore themselves. Re-Creation Retreat can educate parents of struggling teens, on how to place troubled boys and girls in the correct environment in order to receive the help they need to overcome their struggles including troubled teen drug abuse . For immediate assistance contact ZES at 866-439-8112, to speak with a child placing specialist to educate you on placing struggling boys and girls in the perfect facility that fits their needs.
On the flip side of that, do not ignore the warning signs of troubled teenage drug abuse. If six of these signs are present for a period of time, you should talk to your teenager and seek some professional help.
Some signs of troubled teen drug abuse at home are:
- loss of interest in family activities
- disrespect of family rules
- withdraw from one's responsibilities
- verbally or physically abusive
- sudden increase or decrease in appetite
- disappearance of the teen's valuable items or money
- not coming home on time
- not telling you where they are going
- constant excuses for behavior
- spending a lot of time in their rooms
- lies about activities
- finding the following: cigarette rolling papers, pipes, roach clips, small glass vials, plastic baggies, remnants of drugs (seeds, etc.)
Signs at school:
- sudden drop in grades, truancy loss of interest in learning, sleeping in class, poor work performance, not doing homework, defiant of authority, poor attitude towards sports or other extracurricular activities, reduced memory and attention span, not informing you of teacher meetings, open houses, etc.
Physical and Emotional Signs:
- changes friends, smell of alcohol or marijuana on breath or body, unexplainable mood swings and behaves negative, argumentative, paranoid or confused, destructive, anxious over-reacts to criticism, acts rebellious, sharing few if any of their personal problems, doesn't seem as happy as they used to be, overly tired or hyperactive, drastic weight loss or gain, unhappy and depressed cheats, steals always needs money, or has excessive amounts of money, sloppiness in appearance.
Many parents of struggling teens aren’t aware the correct way to restore teens and need a professional to educate them. For parents that need immediate assistance dealing with out of control teens, Zion Educational Services specializes in educating parents about different youth programs for troubled teens such as different types of private boarding schools, boot camps, troubled teen Christian schools, therapy programs for troubled teens and many other youth facilities for struggling boys and girls. ZES provides parents of troubled teens with the information to place your troubled boys and girls in the perfect treatment center that can meet their needs. If you have any questions or concerns contact ZES, (Zion Educational Services) to immediately to talk to a child education specialist at 866-439-8112.